Lahore: Punjab Government has omitted Islamic topics from new syllabus Urdu book of 10th grade. Provincial Government published this updated version of Urdu text book in February 2013, just one month before leaving government. They excluded not only Islamic Urdu Articles but also Urdu Poetry, Ansar Abbasi Revealed report. The PML-N Government used secular tactics in this regard.
Topics which were removed:
- Articles: Pakistan ka Islami Nazriya
- Hazrat Umer (R.A) – Aik Azeem Muntazim by Allama Shibli Nomani
- Musaddas Hali by Molvi Abdul Haq
- Fatima Binte-Abdullah by Mirza Adeeb
- Mehroom Wirasat by Allama Rashid ul Khairi
- Safar Kamyabi ki Kunji Hai by Maulana Abdul Haleem Sharar
- Poetry Section: Rab e Kainat by Maulana Altaf Hussain Hali
- Mohsin Insaniyat (S.A.W.W) By Mahir ul Qadri
- Tulu-e-Islam by Allama Iqbal
- Allama Iqbal’s Poem on Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddiq (R.A)
- Shan e Taqwa by Allama Iqbal
These are some examples which are no more part of Urdu Course. Few days back, a leading Pakistani singer also asked government to remove Islamic content from Urdu books. It’s looking that it was planned game.
Another interesting fact about new update course told by Ansar Abbasi that new book has Poetry of Hindu poet Firaq Gorakhpuri. Allama Iqbal Picture is available on cover of Matric book but traitor government removed Iqbal’s all poetries.