South Korea is becoming a popular destination for Pakistani professionals and students because it is the 4th largest GDP in Asia and its universities are known for quality of education. The application procedure is also simpler than many European countries.
Many people hire services of travel agents to apply for tourist or student visa though you can submit your application on your own.
How To Apply For Korean Visa:
Currently no e-visa or online process for visa application is available. The simple method to apply for Visa of South Korea is as follows:
- Download the visa application form from the official website of Embassy of the Republic of Korea
- Duly fill the application form
- Attach the required documents
- Visit the embassy to pay the visa fees and submit the application
The documents required will depend on the type of visa for which you are applying for. A simple short term tourist visa will require fewer documents and verification then a student visa.
Short Term Visa (Tourist):
- Passport with validity of 6 months
- Passport sized recent photograph
- Ticket bookings
- Accommodation confirmation
- Bank statements
- Tour Plan
Short Term (Business Visa):
- Passport with 6 months validity
- Recent Photograph
- NTN number of individual and company
- Company Registration Certificate
- Bank Statements for the last six months
- Letter of invitation from Korean company
- Guarantee Letter from Korean Company
- Registration Certificate of Korean Company
- Letter of admission in Korean College, University or Institute
- Certificate of scholarship (if applicable)
- Original and attested educational documents by HEC
- Financial Affidavit (Not applicable to students with scholarships)
- Scholarship Letter/Financial support Letter
Pakistani students are offered scholarship just like US provides scholarship for Pakistani students.
Dependent Family Visa (Joining Family):
- Copy of Alien Registration card
- Letter of Invitation
- Certificate of marriage/birth/ family
- Financial Support Documents
- Guarantee Letter from Korea or Inviter
If you want to work in South Korea then you will have to be employed by a Korean Company to acquire a work visa. Jobs for foreigners in South Korea are very limited.
Temporary Resident and Permanent Resident can be applied after you are in South Korea, for which the methods and requirements are different from a simple visa application.
The cost and charges for visa processing will depend on the type of Visa for which you apply. Unlike other embassies the fees is paid in Pakistani Rupees:
Single Entry Visa (Less than 90 days) = Rs. 4,800
Single Entry Visa (More than 90 days) = Rs. 7,200
Multiple Entry Visa = Rs. 10,800
If you want to submit your visa application or want to collect your passport then you can visit the Korean Embassy between 9 AM – 12 PM from Monday to Friday.
Visa Processing Period will depend on the type of visa you apply for, but it is expected that a time period of 15 working days will be required.
For more details and information contact at:
Address: Embassy of the Republic of Korea to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Block 13, St 29, Diplomatic Enclave II, G5/4, Islamabad
Phone Number: 051-227-9385 (Ext. 214) 051-227-93857 (Ext. 215)
Fax Number: 051-287-3145